1 November 2012
Intervarsity Match Play Championship Draw
The draw for the Irish Intervarsity Match Play Championship is now available to view HERE.
College Captains should have regard to the following Conditions of the Event:
1. Eligibility: This event will be open to all registered colleges who have paid the College registration (€350) fee.
2. Each registered college may enter two teams. There is no limit to the number of players that may be on a panel but in the case of colleges entering two teams, no transfers between panels are permitted. Teams may consist of Ladies and Men. There will be no age limit.
3. The team drawn first in each tie will have home advantage. The deadline for Round 1 will be 14 December 2012. Matches not played before this time will be deemed cancelled and the Colleges involved in these matches will be removed from the draw, unless the Championship Committee deem it that sufficient effort has been made by one of the two colleges to fix a date for said match.
4. The deadline for each subsequent round will be enforced in the same manner.
5. Each tie will consist of five gross singles matches PLAYED IN ORDER OF HANDICAP WITH THE LOWEST HANDICAP FIRST. In cases where a Lady is drawn to play against a Man, both scorecards will be used and the Lady will play off the Ladies tee while the Man plays off the medal tee. If on any hole there is a difference between the pars from the two tees, the player playing the higher par will receive shots in accordance with that difference. E.G.: Hole 1 is a Par 4 for Men but Par 5 for Ladies, hence the Lady competitor receives one shot at the hole.
For more information and a copy of all relevant documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.