6 September 2012
Yoga at the GUI Academy Returns
Autumn is upon us and so too is the end of another golfing season! How have you performed, is there room for improvement? Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with your game? Autumn is a superb time to ponder some of these questions and to set goals for the next season.
Why not incorporate yoga for golfers™ into your plan to become the best golfer you can be next season. Now is the time to start if you want to reap the many benefits yoga for golfers™ has to offer, i.e.
• It improves flexibility, strength & range of motion for greater distance.
• It cultivates a quieter mind to increase concentration, focus & visualisation.
• It improves overall fitness to reduce risk of injury and recovery time and
• Improves balance and coordination to gain more effective club control.
It’s never too late to incorporate a golf specific fitness regime into your life. Yoga for Golfers™ is open to golfers of all ages, handicap and fitness levels, amateur and pro. Read the testimonials of what other golfers have had to say about yoga for golfers™.
New courses commence at the GUI National Golf Academy this September.
6 week course is €90
Wednesday (19 Sept - 24 Oct 2012) PAR 6.30-7.30pm & BIRDIE 7.45-8.45pm
Thursday (20 Sept - 25 Oct 2012) PAR 6.30-7.30pm & BIRDIE 7.45-8.45pm
To book please call Yoga for Golf IRELAND® 083 4247226/086 3793991 or email email@example.com or log on to www.yogaforgolf.ie to see a full schedule listing & to register online
Yoga for Golfers™ was formulated using cutting-edge golf swing biomechanical processes applied to basic yoga principles in consultation with Hank Haney, PGA, Senior Tour and Canadian Tour, worldwide fitness and biomechanics expert Paul Chek, Golf magazine Top 100 teaching pro Paul Trittler, golf pro Gary McCord, author of ‘Zen Golf’, Dr. Joseph Parent, sports medicine expert Dr. Mark Philippon and golf conditioning physical therapist Jeff Banazak.
Anne Marie Kennedy is one of the first certified Yoga for Golfers™ instructors in Ireland and Europe and was trained personally by its founder, Katherine Roberts in Scottsdale, Arizona. Anne Marie’s background in psychology makes her truly unique in this context and her passion for both yoga and golf is unyielding. Anne Marie brings an energetic mix of personality and insightfulness to captivate and motivate each golfer in a non-judgmental and supportive environment so as to maximise their physical and mental capability on and off the golf course.
• Anne Marie is the resident Yoga for Golfers™ expert at the GUI National Golf Academy.
• Anne Marie works closely with the ILGU National Coach, David Kearney on the High Performance Programme and with the ILGU & GUI National Panels.
• Anne Marie is also the Yoga for Golfers™ coach for the Paddy Harrington Golf Scholars at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUIM).