Yoga for Golfers
18 April 2012
Yoga For Golfers Returns
Yoga for golfers™ is not just for winter, it is an all-year round activity. Keep your practice going throughout spring/summer to help you stay strong and flexible, prevent injury and maintain that psychological edge for the competitive season by utilising the infamous yogic breathing, relaxation and visualisation techniques.
All new 6 week courses begin on 25th April 2012. Courses cost from €90
To book please call Anne Marie Kennedy 086 3793991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.yogaforgolf.ie to register online
Anne Marie Kennedy of Yoga for Golf IRELAND™ is one of the first certified Yoga for Golfers™ instructors in Ireland and Europe and was trained personally by its founder, Katherine Roberts in Scottsdale, Arizona. Anne Marie’s background in psychology makes her truly unique in this context and her passion for both yoga and golf is unyielding. A
Anne Marie brings an energetic mix of personality and insightfulness to captivate and motivate each golfer in a non-judgmental and supportive environment so as to maximise their physical and mental capability on and off the golf course.
• Anne Marie is the resident Yoga for Golfers™ expert at the GUI National Golf Academy.
• Anne Marie works closely with the ILGU National Coach, David Kearney on the High Performance Programme and with the ILGU & GUI National Panels.
• Anne Marie is also the Yoga for Golfers™ coach for the Paddy Harrington Golf Scholars at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUIM).
ABOUT YOGA FOR GOLFERS™
Yoga for Golfers™ was formulated using cutting-edge golf swing biomechanical processes applied to basic yoga principles in consultation with Hank Haney, PGA, Senior Tour and Canadian Tour, worldwide fitness and biomechanics expert Paul Chek, Golf magazine Top 100 teaching pro Paul Trittler, golf pro Gary McCord, author of ‘Zen Golf’, Dr. Joseph Parent, sports medicine expert Dr. Mark Philippon and golf conditioning physical therapist Jeff Banazak.
Yoga for Golfers™ offers the most efficient and comprehensive training regime for optimal golf performance.
• It improves flexibility, strength & range of motion for greater distance.
• It cultivates a quieter mind to increase concentration, focus & visualisation.
• It improves overall fitness to reduce risk of injury and recovery time and
• Improves balance and coordination to gain more effective club control.
Physically, Yoga for Golfers® incorporates flexibility, strength training, balance and core conditioning. However, it is the breathing awareness, relaxation and visualisation techniques that really set yoga for golfers apart from all other forms of golf fitness. Relaxation techniques are used to quieten the golfer’s notorious over-active mind giving them the skills necessary to cope with stress, anxiety and their inner dialogue on the golf course. It also teaches outcome visualisation which is essential for better golf performance.