M Travers (Carton House) Winner 2012
Munster U13 Amateur Open Championship 2013
at Killarney (Mahonys Pt) 6th Aug
Online entry only available
No entry forms
Any queries please contact
Golfing Union of Ireland (Munster Branch)
6 Townview, Mallow, Co Cork
Email: email@example.comTel: 022-21026
1. The Cup will be called the Munster Boys Under 13 Open Championship Cup and will be played annually.
2. The Championship will be under the control of the Munster Branch of the Golfing Union of Ireland.
3. Entries must be made on-line through GUI website www.gui.ie/munster
4. Competitors must be under 13 years of age on the 1st January in the year of the Championship and the holder of an official CONGU handicap.
5. Entries may be limited from time to time by the Junior Committee.
6. At the discretion of the Junior Committee of the Munster Branch, up to 5 players may be invited to play who may not have qualified under handicap cut off point but who must have entered the Championship.
7. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry without stating any reason for so doing and may call for the production of a certificate of birth from any competitor before or during the Championship.
8. The Championship will be over 18 holes stroke play and gross scores will count. All ties to be decided as set out in the GUI Tournament Conditions Booklet.
9. A general pace of play condition will be implemented whereby 60 seconds will be the time allotted for addressing and hitting the ball once it is the player’s turn to play. Following two warnings of breach, the penalty will be 2 strokes.
10. The winner of the Championship will be the Under 13 Amateur Champion of Munster and will receive a perpetual trophy as well as a prize. He shall return the Trophy in time for the following year’s Championship to the Executive Officer, GUI Munster Branch. Prizes will be awarded to the players with second and third best gross scores and also to the best three nett scores. All prizes will be awarded on the basis of 1 player – 1 prize.
11. No person whose age exceeds the age limit for this Championship may act as caddie or assist him with advice or guidance during the course of play. Penalty 2 strokes at each hole the infringement occurs, to a maximum of four shots. That any further breach will lead to the disqualification of the
12. No professional golfer may act as caddie.
13. If a competitor fails to show at the tee without notification, entry may be refused the following year at the discretion of the Provincial Council.
14. The penalty for breach of Rule 4 & 12 is disqualification.
N.B. Closing Date 5.00pm 23rd July 2013
N.B These rules must be read in conjunction with the General Rules for Union Championships.