J Yates (Nass) Winner Carr/Bruen (Best U25), K Mc Carthy (Kinsale) Winner Munster Stroke Play
Munster Stroke Play Championship 2013
at Cork Golf Club 4/5 May
Online entry only available
No entry forms
Any queries please contact
Golfing Union of Ireland (Munster Branch)
6 Townview, Mallow, Co Cork
Email: email@example.com Tel: 022-21026
click here for photos
1. The Championship Committee, which shall consist of Officials appointed by the Munster Provincial Council of the Golfing Union of Ireland and Officials appointed by Cork Golf Club, shall be responsible for the organisation and management of the Championship and its decision shall be final on all matters relating thereto including acceptance of entries.
2. Entry will be limited to 75 competitors up to 3.4 handicap. At the discretion of the Championship Committee, three players who are within 1.0 handicap of the cut off may be invited to compete.
3. Each competitor must have submitted a MINIMUM of 4 qualifying returns to his home Club during the twelve months prior to closing date of entry into the Championship.
4. Entries must be made on-line through GUI website www.gui.ie/munster
5. The entrance fee payable shall be as decided from time to time by the Championship Committee.
6. The Championship will be played at Cork Golf Club in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R & A and in accordance with the local rules of Cork Golf Club as approved by the Championship Committee.
7. The Championship comprises of 4 rounds of stroke play over 2 days, 36 holes being played each day. After the first 36 holes, the leading 39 competitors with no ties, will play a further 36 holes on the second day.
8. Prizes will be awarded for first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth best gross scores over 72 holes and two prizes will be awarded for two best nett scores over 72 holes.
9. In the event of a tie for the Championship, the players concerned will immediately play one or more holes by stroke play over the 1st, 17th and 18th holes until a decision is reached by sudden death. In the event of a tie or ties for second or third or other places in the Championship, the decision shall be on the best gross score over the last 54 holes and if still a tie, over the last 36 holes, last 18 holes, last 9 holes and so on as set out in the GUI Tournament Conditions Booklet.
10. The winner of the Championship will be the Munster Stroke Play Champion Golfer for the year and he shall receive a perpetual Trophy as well as a prize. He shall return the Trophy in time for the following year’s Championship to the General Manager, Cork Golf Club.
11. The Championship Committee reserves the right to fix and/or alter the times of starting. Undue delay – the attention of competitors is drawn to Rule 6-7 (rules of golf). There will be pace of play guidelines operating – 60 seconds will be the time allotted for addressing and hitting the ball once it is the player’s turn to play. Following two warnings of breach, the penalty will be 2 shots.
12. It is compulsory to enter the Championship with competitors GOLFnet swipe card.
13. Official practice day is the day prior to the commencement of the Championship at the discretionary times as arranged with General Manager of Cork Golf Club.
14. If a competitor fails to show at the tee without notification, entry may be refused the following year at the discretion of the Championship Committee.
NB These Rules must be read in conjunction with the General Rules for Union Championships.
Closing Date 5.00pm 19th April 2013