J Walsh (Castle) Winner 2013 (photo golffile)
Munster Youths Amateur Open Championship 2013
at Ennis Golf Club 2/4 April
Any queries please contact
Golfing Union of Ireland (Munster Branch)
6 Townview, Mallow, Co Cork
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 022-21026
Day 2 Munster Youths 2013 Photos CLICK HERE
Photos Munster Youths 2013 Day 3 CLICK HERE
1. The entrant must be under 21 years of age at 00.00 hours on the 1st January in the year of the Championship.
2. Entries must be made on-line through GUI website www.gui.ie/munster.
3. Entries will be limited to the 90 competitors with the lowest exact handicaps at the closing date for receipt of entries. In the event of entries exceeding this number, such entries from those competitors on the highest qualifying handicap, will be decided by ballot. The ballot will take place immediately after the closing date. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed forthwith but given an opportunity to compete if scratchings occur. Entry fees will be refunded to those balloted out who do not compete.
4. Official practice day is the day prior to the commencement of the Championship at the discretionary times as arranged with the Secretary/Manager of the Housing Club.
5. At the discretion of the Munster Branch, up to five players may be invited to play who may not have qualified under handicap cut off point for the playing field.
6. The Munster Provincial Council through its Junior Committee shall be responsible for the organisation and management of the Championship and its decision will be final on all matters relating thereto including acceptance or rejection of entries, if so decided.
7. The Championship comprises of three rounds. The first two (2) rounds of stroke play shall take place over the first two days of the Championship – one round each day. The first 45 with no ties qualify for the final round on the third day of the Championship.
8. In the event of a tie or ties for the Championship, the players concerned will immediately play one or more holes by stroke play over the Championship course until a decision is reached. In the event of a tie or ties for second or third or other places in the Championship, the decision shall be on the best gross score as set out in breaking of ties GUI Tournament Conditions booklet.
9. The winner of the Championship will be the Champion Amateur Youth Golfer of Munster for the year and he shall receive a perpetual Trophy as well as a prize. He shall return the Trophy in time for the following year’s Championship to the Executive Officer, GUI Munster Branch.
10. As well as 1st prize, prizes will be awarded for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th best gross scores over 54 holes and one prize will be awarded for best gross Under 18 years of age. All prizes will be awarded on the basis of 1 player – 1 prize.
11. No person whose age exceeds the age limit for this Championship may act as caddie or assist him with advice or guidance during the course of play. Penalty 2 strokes at each hole the infringement occurs, to a maximum of four shots. That any further breach will lead to the disqualification of the
12. No professional golfer may act as caddie.
13. Players shall start at the time laid down by the Committee (Rule 6-3(a).
14. The Championship Committee reserves the right to fix and/or alter the times of starting. A general pace of play condition will be implemented whereby 60 seconds will be the time allotted for addressing and hitting the ball once it is the player’s turn to play. Following two warnings of breach, the penalty will be two strokes.
15. The Championship Committee reserve the right to disqualify any competitor making a false statement on their entry form.
16. If a competitor fails to show at the tee without notification, entry may be refused the following year at the discretion of the Provincial Council.
17. Penalty for breach of Rule 1 & 12 shall be disqualification.
N.B. These Rules must be read in conjunction with the General Rules for Union Championships.
Closing Date 5.00pm on 21st March 2013
Accommodation in Ennis
Auburn Lodge Hotel, Galway Road, tel 065 6821247. Three Stars
Old Ground Hotel, O’Connell St, tel 065 6828127. Four Stars
Temple Gate Hotel, O’Connell St, tel 065 6823300. Three Star
Queen’s Hotel, Abbey St, tel 065 6828963. Three Star
West County Hotel, Clare Road, tel 065 6823000. Three Stars
Ardilaun House, Galway Road, tel 065 6822311. Three Stars
Banner Lodge, Market St, tel 065 6824224. Two Stars
Westbrook House, Galway Road, tel 065 6840173. Three Stars
Rowan Tree Hostel, Harmony Row, tel 065 6868687B
Bed and Breakfast:
Ashleigh House, Barefield, tel 065 6827187
Ashwood House, Doora, tel 065 6891659
Ardsollus Farm, Quin, tel 065 6825601
Brookville House, off Limerick Road, tel 065 6829802
Clare Manor House, Limerick Road, tel 065 6820701
Churchfield, Inch, tel 065 6839167
Eden Hill House, Kilrush Road, tel 065 6824285
Elmdale, Barefield, tel 065 6827151
Glen Cove, Clarecastle, tel 065 6824561
Lakeside Country Lodge, Clarecastle, tel 065 6838488
Newpark House, Tulla Road, tel 065 6821233
Railway View House, Tulla Road, tel 065 6821646
Rooska House, Quin, tel 065 6825661
Ryehill, Tulla Road, tel 065 6824313
Shanlee, Lahinch Road, tel 065 6840270
Stonehaven, Kilrush Road, tel 065 6841775
Saint Patrick’s, Doora, tel 065 6840122
Sanborn House, Kilrush Road, tel 065 6824959